This is not a breakup! Everything is great but after doing the same job for the past 5 years, we want to explore new and different topics, jobs and positions. Steredenn was a huge critical and commercial success (for us at least) and we’re so grateful that we’ve been able to this for the last years.
We’re deeply thankful for all the people we met and all the players we had.
And we secretly hope that Steredenn will continue to be played in the next fifty years. 💪
- Steredenn: Binary Stars is coming to iOS on Jan. 2019.
- We are still supporting Steredenn (i.e. fixing bugs - a patch is coming, btw).
- We have a final surprise later in 2019.
We are keeping the company alive for at least one or two years. Feel free to contact us if you have any request or question regarding our services or our games. But Pixelnest Studio will not be our main activity anymore, so don’t expect a quick answer. 😉
- Matthieu is looking for a Product Manager job in Paris (or Amsterdam). LinkedIn resume here.
- Damien will continue being a freelance game developer. LinkedIn resume here.
Thanks everyone, it was a fantastic ride for both of us! 🙏
Cloudy Build 1.0.0
Last week, we released a small tool called Cloudy Build.
We use Unity Cloud Build as our continuous integration pipeline for our Unity projects. This is pretty cool, but the process to install a new build is a bit cumbersome.
Enter Cloudy Build: get your API key, save your org name, press the button, and boom, you have your latest builds. Generate the link and download right away.
It doesn’t look like much, but this can be super useful on mobile phones to get your latest build and try it ASAP, in a few seconds.
Cloudy Build does not store anything and the code is open-source.
We did a bit of work on
0.7.0 a month ago, and since then, we added many new features, culminating in
So, what’s new?
- Generate thumbnails automagically. This is huge, and can save tons of megabytes.
- Handle image categories. If you wrap some images in a subfolder inside an
images/folder, a category will be infered from this.
- Show your
<partners>in the factsheet, or add more information about them with a new
- You can add a
<download>link for your video.
- New widget: Game Jolt (PR by @ruscoe).
- Finish the documentation of the product page.
- Improve the documentation (layout, style, data, examples).
- Refactoring and tweaks to the code.
If you use
presskit.html, I dearly recommend to update your local installation to take advantage of the new thumbnail generation. A quick
presskit build and you should be done. 🙏
It’s official: Steredenn: Binary Stars is getting a physical release on PS4 and Nintendo Switch!
We are so excited by these announcements.
Seeing the game on physical boxes is a dream comes true for us. 😍
A warning though: both offers are limited in quantity. If you don’t grab a copy quickly, it’s over.
The PS4 version is already available.Buy it on Strictly Limited Games
A first batch has already been sold out, so hurry up if you want to get a copy.
The Nintendo Switch version will be coming later, so stay tuned. Find more on Super Rare Games.
Spread the word!
About a month after the Nintendo Switch, Steredenn: Binary Stars is available on Steam and Xbox One!
Watch the trailer:
To recap quickly what Steredenn: Binary Stars is:
- Local co-op;
- New playable ships;
- Boss rush;
- Tons of new content (music, bosses, waves, weapons, upgrades).
It’s bundled as a free DLC, automatically included with your Steredenn purchase. Restart Steam, and you should see a new update available. You’ll get the 2.0.0, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1 updates in one package.
The leaderboards are also new. You can still check the old ones, but Steredenn: Binary Stars is a fresh start for everyone.
You can switch between Steredenn: Classic and Steredenn: Binary Stars at will, just by clicking the checkbox in the DLC list.
Obviously, there isn’t many reasons to play Steredenn: Classic instead of Steredenn: Binary Stars, but if you are nostalgic, it’s still possible. ;)
The update should be available in a few hours. The game will be automatically updated as soon as the update is live. You’ll get the same updates as the Steam version, meaning the 2.0.0, 2.1.0 and 2.1.1.
Have fun with Steredenn: Binary Stars!
- Check the official website.
- Listen to the new soundtrack.
- Read the detailed changelog of Steredenn: Binary Stars (spoilers inside).