Here is a list of external resources we liked and recommend to you.
- “Juice it or lose it” by Martin Jonasson & Petri Purho
- “The Art of Screenshake” by Jan Willem Nijman from Vlambeer — must-see.
- 13 More Tips for Making a Fun Platformer
- Extra Credits videos about game design
NB: Some of these articles reflect a point of view that we don’t necessarily agree with, but that we still find interesting and relevant.
- Dustforce sales figures — it’s great.
- Fingle marketing effort and numbers
- We Spied A #Sworcery Infographic
- So How Did Ski Champion Do ? [1/2]
- Indie Game : The Movie — must-see.
- Team Meat’s Super Meat Boy
- Launch of the Stanley Parable
- “Why PWN will be my last iOS game”
Starting with Unity
- The sounds of Tetrobot: from XACT to Unity — A very well explained usage of the ScriptableObjects
- Unity official videos — “Beginner Editor” and “Intermediate Editor” are some very valuable modules to watch.
- General Performance Tips
- 50 Tips for Working with Unity (Best Practices)
Coroutines are an essential tool to develop a game. Learn more about them:
- Introduction to Shaders [1/6]