After a few months in the work, we are happy to announce the new face of Pixelnest!
For the occasion, we revamped the whole website as well. If you find any problem in your browser or any dead link, please tell us. ;)
Our old identity wasn’t representative of us anymore. The pirate (George) meant nothing to many of our followers, and the website seriously started to feel dated. It was time to do something. And now that most of the work on Steredenn is over, we could really take the time to reimagine ourselves for the years to come.
I will probably write something about the process behind the redesign, but now is not the day.
If you are wondering what is the meaning of the logo… well, it’s open to interpretation. I personally see a mask, but some think it’s a cat, while Damien thinks it’s a fox. It’s up to you!
Thanks to you for allowing us to continue Pixelnest, almost two years after its debut. Be ready for the launch of Steredenn on PS4 in a few days!
March 21, 2016 – Rennes, France: A mass arrival of bullets is coming this April on the Xbox One with the chaotic space shooter STEREDENN!
The unique space roguelike-shooter will hit the Xbox One on April 1st.
Pixelnest Studio is happy to announce the upcoming release of STEREDENN on the Xbox One the first of April.
STEREDENN is a frenetic and chaotic space shooter, carved in big beautiful pixels, with insane boss battles.
STEREDENN is a new blend of a typical shoot’em up and an infinite hardcore roguelike.
The game is an endless aventure. It’s unforgiving. It’s hard. Weapons are numerous and each has a distinct playstyle. Levels are randomly generated, with a lot of different and completely unpredictable events (asteroid fields, laser rains, meteor showers, old battlefields, labyrinths of lasers, etc.). Boss fights are tough, intense and epic. Each time one of them is defeated, the ship can be upgraded — unlocking new powers and abilities.
The game offers around twenty beautiful pixel-art backgrounds, a dozen of terrific and gigantic bosses, tons of upgrades and weapons and hundreds of hand-made enemy waves.
The game has been awarded the prestigious title of “Best Shoot’em Up of the year 2015 on PC” by the well-known french website jeuxvideo.com. It received 90% of positive reviews on Steam, and an average score of 85% in many magazines and websites.
STEREDENN is fast, hard, addictive and action-packed.
Steredenn will be priced at $12.99/€12.99, with a 10% discount for Xbox Live Gold members (Deals With Gold) and until the 11th.
- Beautiful art and spaceships.
- Awesome boss fights.
- Addictive, ruthless.
- Endless arcade gameplay.
- Quick and intense sessions.
- INFINITE REPLAYABILITY: levels are (practically) randomly-generated.
- ARSENAL: 35 mighty weapons. Driller, ultralaser, giant saw, robots, hypergun? Yup.
- UPGRADES: enhance the spaceship and unlock new powers and abilities with more than 25 upgrades. Many interactions and combos with the multiple guns and other boosters.
- SCORING: global leaderboard.
- DAILY RUN: everyday, everyone got to be the first in a special leaderboard where all players share the same run, guns and bosses. Beware, only one chance per day!
- ARENA: unlock a boss by defeating it in the normal mode. Then, train against it in a 1 to 1 duel.
- SUPERPLAY: the game can be defeated in a fixed variant where there is no random.
- Available in 12 languages (English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese, Breton).
Pixelnest is two years old today. Happy birthday!
To celebrate the event, a brand new update of Steredenn is available now. You want more? The game is on a special sale (-33%) on Steam for the occasion!
And as if it wasn’t enough, we have another great event today. Damien is a dad, now. Welcome to his son, Elouan!